Thursday, June 18, 2009

Peaches for me...

This is a work I've had to get to a certain point to make it presentable at college next week.  It's not quite finished and I feel it'll be one of those works I'll forever look at thinking I need to do this to it, or that.  Anyhow it has taken on a Klimtesque appeal, though I'm far from mastering his skill and is a hybrid tree of peaches and apples.  I came up with this idea after hearing the  Hippocrates philosophy "Let food be thy medicine and medicine thy food" repeated over in a short period of time.  The apples are representative of good health, (an apple a day keeps the doctors away) and in China the peach is a symbol of longevity.  I also liked the connection that Hippocrates used to teach his students under a Plane tree and pop up some more images once it's completed.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment