Monday, August 3, 2009

Restoring the Old Girl's Blog...

I came across the blog, "Restoring the Old Girl" through an article by The Courier Mail this weekend.

The blog is the journey of Madam Restora and her young family who came across a closed up house that caught their interest. After approaching the family who it belonged to they learnt that the house was available for sale with the one condition that they must be prepared to take it as is, furniture and all.

Considering that this home was built in the early 20th Century and had had only one family in all that time you can imagine the treasures to be found within it's four walls such as the Mikimoto Pearls they discovered.

Madam Restora is taking us on a journey of her amazing and daily finds within the house and the restoration process of their new home.

This is definitely a blog to watch.

9 comments:

  1. How amazing. I would just love to inherit a house and all it's belongings like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've just discovered your blog and really love the look of it, and look forward to reading more. I love old fabrics but am not really create at all.

    anyway, re "Restoring the Old girl" I have been following that blog also, but now when I try and go to it, it says the blog does not exist! Do you possibly have any idea what's happened?

    Percusso Diva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Patty,
    Thank you for the lovely comments about my blog. However I do believe everyone is creative :) Some of us are born with these talents and others "can" learn them (I feel I'm the latter hehe though I was born with a fabulous imagination).
    I'm not sure exactly what's happened with Restoring the Old Girl but it does appear that Madame Restora has removed the blog.
    Have a fabulous day,
    LouLou

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bereft that the blog has been removed - wonder why

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if she removed the blog because either it was untrue and she was discovered or she was offered a book deal or something either way it would be nice to know I hope it is because she is writing a book or doing a tv show as I like to believe the best of people

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Restoring the Old Girl is my blog. I took it down because I received a message from Mr Baby's son who was unhappy with me making my finds public. Out of respect for the family I took it down, although I believe it's more sour grapes than anything. I intend to start a new blog soon which focuses more on the house itself and our plans for it. When that blog is live I will notify everyone by making Restoring the Old Girl live for a period of time. Thanks for your interest. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a pitty i was enjoying hearing and seeing all the treasures you were uncovering it was history can't wait to see what your plans are for the house

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I'd like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.
    windows 7 product key

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely brilliant post guys, been following your blog for 3 days now and i should say i am starting to like your post. and now how do i subscribe to your blog?
    Web hosting

    ReplyDelete