Monday, December 14, 2009

Homemade Lemonade...a perfect Christmas beverage!

Photobucket
This warm afternoon I made lemonade to cool the kids down. I find it interesting that those in the northern hemisphere are instead sipping their hot chocolates. At Christmas time in Australia, while we are melting in this heat, we still hold onto a lot of Northern hemisphere holiday ideals...a white bearded man in a wooly red suit for instance. In reality though we all get around in flip flops and as little as possible or hide out in the shopping centre not because we're yet to finish our Christmas shopping (which is probably also true...) but that we seek out the cool the air conditioning offers.
Photobucket
Back to the lemonade. The recipe is rather simple. Basically you will need equal parts of sugar, water and lemonade. Melt the sugar in the water over a low heat and let it cool. Then add the lemon juice. Once that is done add some chilled sparkling mineral water and wella you have your homemade lemonade. It really doesn't take all that long and there are no nasty artificial anythings which you more than likely will find in store purchased soft drinks.
Also you might like to replace the sugar with other natural, less processed and low gi sugars such as Agave Nectar, Coconut Palm Sugar or Stevia. Remember when you use these ingredients you will need to adjust the amounts accordingly. LOVE YOURSELF AND I ADVISE AGAINST USING ANY ARTIFICIAL SWEETNERS.

Photobucket

Anyhow my kids were eager taste testers as we sat on the verandah enjoying it...

9 comments:

  1. What a MARVELLOUS idea. I am so buying some lemons today. I also bought some stevia the other week. A match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great to me Ms Scurrette...let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the lemonade is wonderful but these pictures are just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank you for the compliment Simone :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are just gorgeous, especially the middle one of the kids. It's one of the nicest photos I've seen in ages. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you...actually I was thinking it'd make a perfect Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh your kids are so gorgeous. Really!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute...and I love the green tutu...two of my favourite things together, ballet and the colour green!

    ReplyDelete