Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a world away...

This evening I was sorting through some images of my partner, Philadelphia's travel photos from Singapore and Malaysia. These are some that I especially liked...

Photobucket
A Buddhist temple walkway

Photobucket
Orchid Gardens in Singapore

Photobucket
A water village in Malaysia. Philadelphia stayed next door at the Shangri-la Resort with fancy little soaps and things which doesn't seem quite right!

Photobucket
Another Buddhist temple

Photobucket
And this is my favourite image from the wet markets in Singapore

What a world away most of us live from places like these...

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What fantastic photos of a world that seems so far removed from my daily life! When I traveled to Thailand after the tsunami I was wowed by so many images and how lovely the people are! That's the very best part of traveling, the connection with people. I am not surprised at your favorite photo, it is mine also.
    Love,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. I love the differences that exist in each country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore temples......some of my favourite memories are of temples that I visited in Macau and Hong Kong.

    I fell in love with the temples in India, the smells, colours......magical.

    I am hoping to return to India later in the year as we watched a program about a fund raising car rally in the south of India which reminded me just how much I adore India.

    Leeann x (the kiwi with pebbles in her shoes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, the water villages in Malaysia really are an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most of us would agree that it's incredible how diverse our world is but how we can appreciate aspects from a variety of cultures...I guess we all have something to learn from each other :)

    ReplyDelete