Friday, February 26, 2010

Luhrmanneseque inspiration...

Photobucket
Screen captures from Romeo + Juliet

Photobucket
Design Sponge

Photobucket
Inspired by Juliet's bedroom

Recently I've been inspired by Baz Luhrmann's 1996 film Romeo + Juliet, (actually when I look back at work i've done, when have I not?).  This week though it has been Juliet's bedroom that has captured my attention when I came across the blog of Design Sponge.  Design Sponge looks at the set design (Catherine Martin) and then recaptures it with her own suggestion of pieces.  I love what she has done with a variety of different film sets so it's definitely worth your while getting lost over there.  Anyhow I decided to do similar in my own way in the last image above.  This will soon be updated at Vintage by Lou Lou so that you can have your own little something of Romeo + Juliet inspired pieces.   

No comments:

Post a Comment