Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My graduation outfit = $16

Last night I officially graduated from my Diploma in Visual Arts. It was an inspiring night and an exciting night especially to see where you've arrived at after years of study.

I also received many compliments on my outfit (thank you everyone) which got me to thinking that the gorgeous bunch of congratulatory roses I received from Philadelphia and my children probably cost more than the outfit itself. I'm sharing this with you because I want to show you that you can still look fabulous on a tiny budget! I do it all the time!!
Photobucket
$8.00 - Fabrizio Lenzi, 100% Silk, Made in Italy

Photobucket
$5.00 - Joanne Mercer Shoes, Originally $139.95, Patent Leather

Photobucket
$2.00 - Pearl Cluster Ring

Photobucket
$1.00 - Pearl Earrings

Photobucket
And the roses which I'm guessing were umm, more than $16.

Photobucket
Oh and that's me last night. Unfortunately no full length shots of this gorgeous dress but it really is beautiful.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lou!! How fantastic for you and you looked so gorgeous:) I love your dress!! Wishing you a wonderful Friday ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lou...what a fantastic achievement..you must feel so very proud of yourself..and rightly so. And I love the ensemble you put together for less than a bunch of flowers would cost...gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, congratulation Lou!
    and you look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!
    How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your graduaction you really do look gorgeous!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on graduating Lou! You looked gorgeous in your lovely outfit. Have a lovely end to your week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful for you--congratulations! And what a lovely look you put together--applying your visual arts skills in a very personal way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Lou! Talented, smart and beautiful--what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Great outfit, gorgeous roses and brilliant achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is stunning! What a find!!!

    I too have been trawling the thrift shops for vintage finds. Marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulatons and you look beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, thank you so much for all your lovely comments. Has put an even bigger smile on my face. How do I do it? Over time of scouring op shops and visiting garage sales you end up with beautiful pieces that work so well together. But you have to have the patience to shop this way as unlike a shopping trip to the mall you won't often walk away with a complete outfit. And sometimes I do pay a decent price for a piece I really must have (I have the most gorgeous 1950s red dress with belt that has pearl detail which I paid $150 for...and it's still a size too small, naughty naughty!!
    Then again someone else wouldn't consider $150 all that much either, it's just perspective).
    Lou
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your graduation and your fabulous frock!

    ReplyDelete