Monday, May 31, 2010

{ Back to College }

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Or so I went today to visit friends and teachers (who I esteem as friends with bountiful knowledge). And I miss it. Not the place as such because they have moved from a fantastic historical building with many ghosts lurking around dark corners to a modern concrete structure, but rather the people and the intellectual stimulation.  

In five years time I would like to study Art History. That is my passion. The discussions, the heated debates about topics. Oh yes, that is for me please.

Education and learning is so important to being a human being. I'm not talking about the piece of paper that you get at the end of a course but the ongoing development of our knowledge base. Talking about 'An Education' visit here for your chance to be educated.

Anyhow when I returned home I pulled out the above drawings I did at college, arranged and photographed them. They naturally are encased with vintage frames that I've painted black.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Your talents are endless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally...loving the beginning phases of your blog...you are so amusing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork Lou. I absolutely agree about the excitement of learning and the ongoing pursuit of knowledge throughout your life. My father always said "Knowledge is no burden to carry", something I wish to imprint on my own children. Good luck with future plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much on your comments. I honestly feel drawing is not my strength but art history is my passion which is what burns these fires or wanting to learn more. I adore your father's quote. How wonderful to have that passed onto you and I'm sure will be passed down to your children. xx

    ReplyDelete