Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Girl's Night Out with Bronnie Masefau

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Last night I Girl's Night Outted it at the Woolloongabba Antique Centre thanks to an invitation from my lovely friend Michelle (Divine Finds).  

Shopping, cake, coffee, give aways and the fabulous interior designer Bronnie Masefau (save the best for last) were highlights of the evening.  

Bronnie shared with us all her tips on how to present the perfect high tea amongst other things.

So what were some of these tips? Well lucky for you I scribbled some of these down in the Antique magazine we were given (because prepared me forgot my notebook!!) -
  • So layering is the first key. Don't be afraid to mix and match trios and other pieces of china.
  • Prepare the table the night before so you are not rushing around on the day and unable to enjoy the experience.
  • Don't be afraid of store purchased sweet treats (cookies etc) and displaying them in mismatched jars.
  • Instead of sitting around the table laden with delicacies and tea in pretty pots remove the chairs and place around the room. This allows the table to remain set and look pretty.
  • And finishing touches such as roses do not need to be expensive. Bronnie will happily purchase bunches of Aldi roses for $4.95 each.
Don't you just love how Bronnie made a cake plate out of cups and plates tiered on top of each other.

Tomorrow I will also have some photos of some pretty shop spaces I loved to share.

xx

7 comments:

  1. Yes, the cake plate made out of stacked chin is brilliant! It really makes me want to have a tea party. I love the mismatched look.
    ps I'm having a giveaway you might like to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm inspired to host my own high tea Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou, Thanks for the post. GIrls Night OUt tonight was an incredible success...packed out! Ladies loved it. I wished you had of been able to come to both because tonight was really any step up. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey can you email me those images...you are always great with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! And my mouth is watering at those cupcakes. I love the stacked plates and cups--NEVER would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy, looks deving! Have a wonderful day! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, Tuesday was still wonderful :) I will email these images through shortly unless you just want to save them from my blog??

    Amy, it was a clever idea and certainly one I hadn't thought of :)

    LuLu thanks for dropping by. It certainly does look deliciously divine xx

    ReplyDelete