Last night I Girl's Night Outted it at the Woolloongabba Antique Centre thanks to an invitation from my lovely friend Michelle (Divine Finds).
Shopping, cake, coffee, give aways and the fabulous interior designer Bronnie Masefau (save the best for last) were highlights of the evening.
Bronnie shared with us all her tips on how to present the perfect high tea amongst other things.
So what were some of these tips? Well lucky for you I scribbled some of these down in the Antique magazine we were given (because prepared me forgot my notebook!!) -
- So layering is the first key. Don't be afraid to mix and match trios and other pieces of china.
- Prepare the table the night before so you are not rushing around on the day and unable to enjoy the experience.
- Don't be afraid of store purchased sweet treats (cookies etc) and displaying them in mismatched jars.
- Instead of sitting around the table laden with delicacies and tea in pretty pots remove the chairs and place around the room. This allows the table to remain set and look pretty.
- And finishing touches such as roses do not need to be expensive. Bronnie will happily purchase bunches of Aldi roses for $4.95 each.
Don't you just love how Bronnie made a cake plate out of cups and plates tiered on top of each other.
Tomorrow I will also have some photos of some pretty shop spaces I loved to share.