Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Inspiration behind "an Autumn Dreaming"...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ideas or concepts behind anything, well where do they come from?

Sometimes it is from pieces of information or thoughts we collect along the way that come together to build this something bigger, "a concept".

Othertimes I will be in the middle of falling asleep and all of a sudden a complete idea bursts into my mind and there goes any chance of a good nights sleep. I can testify to this. But I'm addicted to ideas as I turn them over and over in my mind looking at them from different angles.

As for an Autumn Dreaming, it is quite simply the fact I adore this time of year that has influenced this concept.  
And I am in love with it for a vast range of reasons; the air is crisp and the oppressive heat of Summer is gone, sunlight that filters through at different times of the day seems softer, colours of the turning leaves are so warm and inviting (go on, find your child like glee and jump in them), mmm and the scent of smoke in the air as those with fireplaces begin using them.

An Autumn Dreaming is all of this and so much more. It is a wonderland of sorts to find yourself lost in and where forest nymphs lure you in and to be held captive by their beauty.

The above images I've used as further inspiration with the development of this concept and I believe capture some of my ideas behind it.

Enjoy xx

6 comments:

  1. What a great collection of images. I agree, they're very inspirational. I am really enjoying autumn this year. Today it is lovely and sunny and the autumn leaves look so bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that table and chairs under the tree Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful collection of photos Lou. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful..the colours are amazing, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. The natural colour in those leaves is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean about autumn light. Today I'm stuck with cold spring rain. These are gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete