Thursday, May 20, 2010

The styling for an Autumn Dreaming #2

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou 

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

Photobucket
Image by Vintage by Lou Lou

In these images the props that I used on the night include the stick/floral centrepieces, cream candle holder, Liquid Amber leaves, and once again the pears.  

In the image it may not be so clear but they sit on table runners that I had made (thanks to my wonderful seamstress of a mum). They are made from a yellow Indian silk that has been gently shot with coral colured thread. I chose this fabric because of its gentle lustre and the pretty reflection of light off it. 
Now I apologise for my stick/floral centrepieces because since last Saturday the flowers have slightly flopped and dried into that position and I couldn't fix without the flowers snapping and falling off. I think you get the picture as to what I was going for though.

I made these using old pots, filling with the dried flower version of oasis. I wanted to originally use found sticks from under trees but they were not flexible enough for what I wanted to do with them. So instead I picked some bunches of floral arrangement sticks that were originally a forrest green and painted them to look like real sticks. That was probably the most time consuming part of the arrangment.  

From there I used a combination of my painted sticks, orange floral arrangement sticks and some of my found ones to give it an authentic look. I've then tied string around it in three places which pulls it into shape and evenly cut the tops off which gives it a much neater appearance.  

Then it's just moss around the base (local florist) with flowers from the Chinese Lantern trees (nighttime raids on tree branches hanging over neighbour's fences) and wella....this is what you're left with xx

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lou just thanked you for coming to Girls Night Out on my blog. THanks for the write up. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle....Will definitely go over and visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos, I found you via Divine Finds comments, I'm really glad that I did. Please stop by sometime. I've added you to my international blog roll on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tonia....I've just dropped by xx

    ReplyDelete