Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today, why not have a floral lift...

  Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

I live in a rental property. I love where I live. In fact I want to buy where I live one day. However it is in need of some attention and though limited by what I can do since I'm not the owner, I have been thinking of what I can do.

A friend recently lent me albums of her favourite interiors. She has spent many hours cutting out of magazines and putting the pages into these albums so they are the very best of the very best. Each page is a treasure and I thought I'd begin going through them to get ideas on what I want to do with my own home.
The ones that spoke to me today were the above floral images. It really goes to show that some pretty flowers in a vase (and that could be a jam jar, vintage jug or actually...a vase hehe) changes the appeal of a space or room immediately and really lifts it.

So today ladies buy yourself a bunch of flowers or perhaps pick some pretty blooms from the garden, take a few moments to arrange them (enjoy the experience) and then find that corner or place in the house that needs some floral appeal. Best of all it doesn't need the landlords approval!

Have a wonderful day xx

(Images from various interior magazines)

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you all the way about the beauty of blooms and what a pleasure it has been today to give away flowers from my own garden. The first little bunch went to a lovely lady from my reading group who is lending me this month's book and the second to my piano teacher [who in all truthfulness is more deserving of a sainthood than camelias].
    Thank you for sharing these,

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going out to get some for our table tonight. You have inspired me once again...and I will be appreciating your blog award tomorrow! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to go and see if there are any blooms left in our garden...most of them have disappeared thanks to this cold weather, but I am sure I could find something:) Planning on some little changes for your home is so exciting Lou, have fun with it:) Happy Thursday my friend ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies you have all put a smile on my face with your gorgeous comments...this is why I blog :) Enjoy your blooms xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those images! love love them! Have a beautiful day! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't have to tell me twice to buy flowers! I agree wholeheartedly! Fresh flowers are the best way to liven up a corner, add colour and bring a smile to my face! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it..I really love having fresh flowers in the house..when I can..
    I have been very sneaky lately and have been picking a few pink camellias off the tree when walking through the complex where I live.lol...evil I know...but they look so pretty in my glass turquoise vase..tee hee hee

    ReplyDelete