Monday, June 28, 2010

What does Sandra Foster & my mum have in common?

 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

They both love little homes. And now I think I might also thanks to mum stumbling across Sandra Foster's little home in Catskills.

For Sandra it is more a studio space but people really do live in this style of really small home with many of them including all facilities.

And some are towable behind vehicles. That is what I call a (transportable) holiday home.

Sandra's home was originally an old hunting cabin that she renovated for $3000(us).
It really goes to show what you can do on a budget and upscycling materials to create your desired result.

I'm just loving Sandra's little home and you can see more photos via her blog and the New York Times site (the slideshow is breathtaking).  

In the meantime mum is still dreaming of her perfect small home...she seriously is in love with the idea of them and I can see why.

Enjoy xx

(Images sourced via Sandra's Blog and the New York Time article)

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! Oh wow, I wonder if I could bring one home on a trailer and get it into the garden without my husband noticing...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it gorgeous!! I love that first image especially the lovely setting. I came across a cute post a while back on tiny homes - if I can find where I've bookmarked it I'll email you, I think you'd love it. Hope you're having a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really cute Lou....I thought it was a bedroom on first look. Is it a lounge / sitting room? Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in LOVE....this is the most enchanting little home I have ever seen...I love the way she stores her books! I so think I need a little home like this all to myself...I would be in HEAVEN!!! xoxo Thank you so much for sharing the JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all deserve a little home like this one. Amanda I would love to see the site you're talking about if you come across it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to love over here, Lou Lou. I saw this darling retreat in the NYT. How many of us have had the same longing for such a place? Okay, if only I had a stream and a hill!

    Best wishes,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete