Monday, July 12, 2010

{Fourth Child = Gourmet Goodness}

Photobucket
{Vanilla Bean and Buttermilk Cake with rosewater fondant and fresh raspberries}
Photobucket
{Tart Fraise}

Photobucket
{Strawberry Financiers and Baby Ginger Cakes}

Photobucket
{More Baby Fresh Ginger Cakes with Lemon Icing}

Photobucket
{The Fourth Child Cabinet}

Photobucket
{Bittersweet Chocolate with Blood Orange Curd Donut} &
{Lemon Curd with White Chocolate Ganache Donut}

I like to talk about CAKE a whole lot and I won't apologise for that either because quite frankly, cake is one of the BEST things in all the world. When I sit here and think of what it means to me besides great taste I suppose it's a connection with nostalgia; memories that are conjured up from licking the bowl as a child and the warmth and sense of security the kitchen provided to secret women's business as family recipes are passed down from one generation to the next.

So now I'm going to let you in on something that isn't so secret anymore. Fourth Child. Did you get that? Yes, I said Fourth Child. They are newbies on the Ipswich scene but are quickly gathering momentum with a strong and large following. You will find them at the Ipswich Central Markets and I watched them all day Sunday as people lined up for their French goodies in celebration of Bastille Day. So above I thought I'd share with you some images of cake goodness that you can find at Fourth Child.

Also speaking of cooking wonders, my Julia Child's cook book Give Away ends this midnight (AEST) so please do not miss out. It really is a fantastic Give Away not to be missed.

And as Julia would say till next time, "Bon Appetit".

Images courtesy of Fourth Child

10 comments:

  1. argggggh, drool!!! Do they have a shop front or just go to the markets? I am totally salivating right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - no wonder you have a special fondness for these delectable goodies. Yum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selina, they are at the markets only. But I wouldn't be surprised if a shop front was on the cards for the future.

    And yes Amanda, they are just divine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me what beautiful cakes, I just love baking but oh to be able to make them like those

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, My sweet tooth just woke up, Vanilla Bean and Buttermilk Cake with rosewater fondant and fresh raspberries is what I want but all of them look YUMMIE!
    :) Terrific Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginger cakes with lemon icing!!! Makes me want to move to Australia (that, your lovely blog, and Hugh Jackman ;-) )

    My word verification was just now "makest." As in, "Thou must makest a cake!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food presentation is so important...but it really is the sinking of teeth into a Fourth Child creation that really speaks a thousand words on your taste buds.

    And Amy, Australia has so much beauty. I just capture small snapshots of it here and there and still it does not do it full justice. There are places in the US that I've also got on my "to do" list. From sky scrapers in New York to Montana skys. Oh yes please xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have FANTASTIC news. You can now have Fourth Child every day of the week as Cactus Espresso Bar in Ipswich will now be selling their cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow now that is what I call a cake shop. That is what is missing in our village....an opportunity for someone perhaps!

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leeann I am coming. I am sure I can bake a good cake xx

    ReplyDelete