Thursday, August 26, 2010

{The Wedding Cake Houses}

The Wedding Cake House - New Orleans
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Wedding Cake House - Maine
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Wedding Cake houses; aptly named I feel as they certainly do remind me of beautiful old fashioned wedding cakes. And I think for most little girls these were the types of houses we dreamt of. Rather like oversized dolls houses really.

Happy Weekend everybody ~ what great places these would make for a perfect weekend getaway xx

P.S. Some more gorgeous American homes to visit :)

Images found here, here, here, here, here and here.

7 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE this blog (even mentioned it on my top fav' things this week!!)

    Thanks for the great give-away too.. Loved the lanterns, will be doing a blog on them soon!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou Lou,
    I love your post about the Wedding Cake houses. I didn't know there was one in New Orleans too:) Did you read the history of the one is Maine, very romantic!!!!!!I would love a small version on my property of one of these. I am going to look into it:)
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute home feature. I've never heard of a "wedding cake" house before and the name sure does suit them. I'm your newest follower by way of one crafty fox! btw..you may want to check out my post on a "shotgun" house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY...that first house is gorgeous!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete