Sunday, October 10, 2010

{ My Weekend Reading }

Photobucket


Photobucket

{Countdown - Day 3}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

{Countdown - Day 3}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Walls can often be a blank canvass to work with but when I was younger my family moved into a 70s brick home with wallpaper to suit. Sure it may have been funky-licious once but to a teen in the mid nineties, not so C-O-O-L. Especially since we couldn't do anything about it and my bedroom was pink with Crinoline style of ladies. Yes I kind of felt my room was a musk stick.

{Countdown - Day 3}

However I have made my peace with bad wallpaper since then and this weekend I have enjoyed the book "Off the Wall ~ Wonderful Wall Coverings of the Twentieth Century" by Lena Lencek and Gideon Bosker. I don't think I turned a page without gasping in delight at these pretty wall paper coverings.

I live in a Queenslander so I'm always thinking how I could incorporate a bit of wallpaper love. This book has definitely got me thinking. Hmmm time to browse online and take a trip down to our local home decorating store. I WILL find something and I WILL find a space where wall paper is just divine and not that of teenage nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment