Tuesday, October 5, 2010

{ Spring by Lou Lou }

Photobucket
A couple of weeks ago I presented on a "Vintage by Lou Lou ~ Spring". Yesterday with the sun shining for what seemed like the first time this Spring, I recreated the display from that evening.

Photobucket
Instead of using a single vase, I demonstrated using a variety of bottles and mismatched vases on a tray to give a lovely depth and texture to displaying flowers.

Photobucket
I adore the colour pink lemonade adds to a table. I also love to add lemon slices to the pitcher.

Photobucket
I came across a large collection of vintage handkerchiefs that were never used. Here I have used them as napkins. Look around you. What do you have that you can repurpose for a different use?

Photobucket
I also came across this gorgeous ceramic basket with the sweetest little birdie. I think it looks great holding honey jumbles.

Photobucket
This is an old pasta jar covered with pages from a vintage book. Use for a vase or here I have popped a tea light in.

Photobucket
To add to the prettiness of the table, I created pompoms to sit on the plate. You could make these into napkin holders or even pretty corsages/brooches/or hair accessories for your guests.

Photobucket
Lil miss helping me set the table yesterday.

Photobucket
On the evening of the presentation we had gorgeous cakelove from Fourthchild. Just read it's description. Doesn't your mouth just water. Let me tell you, it was gorgeous.

Photobucket
Mmm all of the above is how I envision Spring. What do you do to make the most of this glorious season?

13 comments:

  1. Wow - what a sensational Spring display. I can see all of these images in a magazine! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know Ipswich does need a 'zine of sorts showcasing the village's talent.....next job for you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is totally watering...and I love pink lemonade! That cake sounds amazing and the table looks beautiful. I love setting tables with the kids is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful pics Lou. You are very clever, and oh so stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table setup! The cake looks yummy! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love coming over to your blog it's gorgeous Lou and the table decorations are beautiful, would love to know how to make the pom poms xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty table sit-up...gorgeous!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies.....thank you so much for all your lovely comments. I appreciate every single one of them xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lou, this is such a beautiful post! The table setting is gorgeous and oh my goodness, that cake sounds divine!!! It is all just so lovely!!! ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. it all looks very gorgeous, reminding me of what spring should be! pity there is little around here in Noosa at present

    ReplyDelete
  12. how gorgeous is your table setting!!.....bet it was fun setting up!!
    thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete