Thursday, January 27, 2011

{February Book Club ~ Girl With a Pearl Earring}

Photobucket

Last night was our very first VBLL Book Club where we sat around drinking red, eating cheese and undertook plenty of "serious" (please, we're all about enjoying ourselves hehe!) planning for what our first book would be.

And so it is to be revealed that "Girl With a Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chevalier is the book for February. You may have even watched the film based on the novel with Colin Firth and Scarlet Johansson as leads but from the first few pages there are already differences and more information provided (as is always the case) for why certain things happen.

Photobucket

We'd also love for you to follow along with our book club reads and share your thoughts as we create discussions on the different books. You may even contribute by providing suggestions of your favourite reads which would be fantastic.

In my February newsletter I will provide a discussion guide for Girl With a Pearl Earring so if you'd like to be a part of this please email me at vintagebyloulou@live.com and I will put you on our mailing list.

Have a Wonderful Weekend all xo

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! It was a beautiful movie so I assume the book is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I adore the film Sarah....have it here at home and is one of my faves that I watch from time to time xo

    ReplyDelete