Sunday, January 23, 2011

{A Mad Dash to the Country...}

On Friday once we'd finished work and had the kids rounded up, we all piled in the car and took a drive out to Boonah around 5.00pm (just another thing I love about living in Ipswich, close enough to both the big smoke and the countryside). Our aim was to make it to an organic market before closing time and get a box of quality fresh produce to enjoy that weekend.

Photobucket
Some snapshots of the country as we make our mad dash...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Naturally once we arrived the kids made new friends with some of the locals...

Photobucket

Photobucket
You'd only find a place like this in the country. I could see myself walking through that gate (in gumboots of course) rounding up and bringing the chickens and geese home for the night.

Photobucket
I was in love with this Cauliflower sign on the green background...

Photobucket
So much beautiful produce to be had though because of the floods it was down by half.

Photobucket
I love the blackboard...its smily face matched my own. I was really loving being there.

Photobucket
An earlier snack now discarded but against the blue, this watermelon is just gorgeous.

Photobucket
The kids discovered a large tyre swing which kept them amused while we shopped (don't get those at Woolworths).

Photobucket
Our box of goodies. Mmm asparagus, butter and a drizzle of lemon is what I'm thinking here.

Photobucket
And before we left we had a galloping farewell (till next time) from our four legged friend, Shep the Pony (or so I've called him).

Yes, it was certainly an enjoyable afternoon and we drove home indulging on organic dates and dried figs.

Have a wonderful week all,

Lou xo

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely break for you after the recent traumas. Theres nothing like a country drive is there? I love all the pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Miss Lou Lou - can you give me the details for the lady who runs the market xx cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a farmer's market? That asaparaus looks so yum - much much better than the wrinkly dry bunches I just saw at Coles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, just realised I got a bit carried away typing "asparagus". I really need to check my spelling/typing better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou I love these photographs, So magical and sums up our beautiful country side here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics! Glad you had a great time! C. xo

    ReplyDelete