Tuesday, January 18, 2011

{A Still Life}

Photobucket
Still life with compotier

Photobucket
Table, Napkin and Fruit

Photobucket
Compotier, Pitcher, and Fruit

Photobucket
Still Life with Curtain and Flowered Pitcher

Photobucket
Still Life with Apples

Photobucket
Google's Interpretation

Has anyone else loved Google's "Still Life" version of their logo today? It's in celebration of what would have been Cezanne's 127th birthday. I absolutely adore his still life body of work and his use of colour. And an interesting fact, he is also known as the father of modern art.

But today I think he is a wonderful reminder of just what beauty can be in this world. And that encapsulates so much from the actual art work itself, to an artist's ability, art as a pursuit, how we arrange things in our life, what we choose to surround ourselves with, what colour means to us and how it changes when we place it beside other colours, the voluptuousness of a peach and overall to how a piece of artwork emotes and makes us feel.

I think it's time I pulled out a paintbrush and canvass. It's been a year now since I last did but I've got cravings.

1 comment:

  1. How fascinating. I love the stuff I learn via blogs.

    ReplyDelete