Monday, February 7, 2011

{Introducing Tracey Potter}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the moment I am in the middle of preparing for our shop launch this Thursday evening and yesterday I had arrive for me some wonderful art works by Brisbane based artist Tracey Potter.

Now the works above are some of my favourites by Tracey and just a small sample of what she has produced. The works on Thursday night are still under wraps as I want to create a surprise but I'm so excited to have her works featuring here for a month that I just had to share.

Tracey is also has an interview featuring in my February Newsletter and here is a small snippet on what inspires this wonderfully talented woman -

"I find the inspiration for my art from many places, be it a leaf or flower I pick up on a walk or from the work of famous artists that I admire. I like reading old fairy, fables and the books of Beatrice Potter, this love filters into my work and influences what and how I paint." Don't you just adore where Tracey finds her inspiration. I think we all love a bit of magic and to me this is definitely connects back to childhood.

Alright this girl has gotta get back to our launch preparations so I hope you're all having a wonderful day.....xx

1 comment:

  1. They are all so nice but the one with the hat and the rose made me smile.x

    ReplyDelete