Thursday, April 14, 2011

{A Harlin Rd Update}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Recently I put together this vintage picture wall in our dining room here at Harlin Rd. I am really liking how everything has come together. I purchased all the pieces at different points in time but it's as if they were made for each other.

There is still much to be done around the house but slowly things are beginning to take shape. We have finished fixing up most of the fence line (since Leroy Brown continued escaping...he is certainly living up to his name hehe) and now we are sourcing materials for our chicken coop.

We have made a conscious decision to reuse materials where we can and so some old wooden bunk beds will become the frame for the coop. I've gone on this real sustainability kick lately and though I've always believed in it and promoted it, I really feel like only now that I completely understand and grasp it entirely.

I've also just purchased organic seeds for Winter greens and now we are looking at where our garden beds will be put in also.

Have a wonderful weekend all xo

PS The last image is of a sweet vintage plate we have available through our ebay store. It's perfect for Mothers Day or use it in a picture wall similar to ours above.

8 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. Have a lovely weekend. Mimi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LouLou..thanks for dropping by this morning..you are not very far from me..I'm going to have a look at that Coco Chanel ad now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collage is lovely. A real vintage mix.
    Best Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! *le sigh* I've been working on putting together some vintage oil paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I love your sense of colour.. this is truly lovely... the aqua and pink touches really give it oomph. I see you have the same going on with your chair... fabulous!!

    Thanks for stopping by my way and have a great weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've popped into your ebay store from time to time and didn't realise you had a blog. Lovely, lovely mix of plates and paintings. Nice glimpse of old chairs there too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love how you grouped all these pictures together on your wall...thank you for visiting me the other day...hope all is well and your week will be filled with many blessings my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete