Monday, April 18, 2011

{A Proposal Amongst the Pages}

Photobucket

When it comes to public declarations of love and marriage proposals, there is generally quite a bit of thought that has gone into the process (& how terrible when it's not well received by the recipient but that's another story!!). An Australian author has become an international sensation overnight before his book has even hit the shelves when over drinks he presented a copy to his girlfriend.

It reads in the acknowledgements of the book ~

"And finally, if it's possible to fall more in love with someone every day, then that's what I do. To my favourite, to the reason I live my life, Leesa Wockner who, if she reads this, I hope will agree to marry me, despite the number of commas in this sentence."

And the book? The Ottoman Motel by Christopher Currie. As for Leesa, she said "Yes".

To me that sounds like a "Happily Ever After" ending to a book.

13 comments:

  1. How wonderful! When we were in Sydney last week I saw a sky writer that had written "marry me Kristy" across the Sydney sky. How romantic! I hope Kristy said yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that lovely? Thank goodness she agreed;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah ~ I remember how I was proposed to and it wasn't sky writing or in a book.....hmmmm!!

    and Kim ~ Yes, thank goodness she did :) Oh I do love stories like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet. My husband asked me the regular way, i think he knew from the first day i met him that i'd say yes. I get all teary still watching weddings, proposals, all so gorgeous & in love. Just did a post on how fabulous my husband still is, after 17 years, love him to pieces. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, that is such a beautiful way to propose! and to bring readers to your book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww what a sweet proposal. That's adorable!! Yes your house is close to boys grammar with a sign out the front? Your home looks beautiful!!! Thank you for the sleeping tips, it's hard for me to have a routine as I kind of go to bed late, wake up around 8-9am & well Trent does night shift so that often throws me out of whack as well. But thank you for the tips... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how sweet is this!!!! Love it! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really made me smile :D I love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now how could she not say yes to such a beautiful gesture.
    Have a great Easter
    Best Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous story! Love your blog! Miss Walker xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous story! I want to read it now.

    Keren
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am lucky because my husband wrote me love poems...these are very helpful when we are having a bad day ha. Happy Happy Easter Lou, great story, xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete