Sunday, April 3, 2011

{ A Weekend Getaway to Stradbroke }

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finally did go on our long weekend away to the beach and we absolutely adored our time away from licking gelato from waffle cones, to jumping waves, dolphin watching and fish and chips on the beach. It has really been too long in doing something like this. Next time we won't leave it so long but last year it really did feel that all we did was work so this was a welcomed break.

I enjoyed being in nature and a quiet little fishing village with the cutest of beach shacks. The walks were glorious and the water the most beautiful of teals, aqua and midnight blue depending on the time of day.

I hope you all had a glorious weekend too.

xo

9 comments:

  1. So glad you had a relaxing time Lou. Aren't they just the best holidays just pottering on the beach. Beautiful photo's too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful trip! Jealous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds so perfect!!! Relaxing and peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lou, was recently in Ipswich visiting a friends new "old" house in the centre of town. Ipswich is really looking fab,cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous photography. I have just added you to my blog roll. I am writing a coastal blog in Sydney. I hope you will stop by for a look.
    Best Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous bunch of photos, sounds like my kind of holiday- if only!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog - gorgeous!

    Loving those images of your children, the first 3 are my faves, they could be in a catalogue :o)

    I've just booked myself a fishing village coastal holiday for Christmas - since I haven't had a holiday for 2.5 years and by then it will be 3 years so I'm rather excited!!

    Keren
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fab how spec ... what a great time for all :) best le xox

    ReplyDelete