Monday, May 9, 2011

{A Ship A'hoy}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Recently a family friend set sale with a group of ladies in a yacht in the Brisbane to Gladstone race. Mum and I dropped a small group of the ladies to Shorncliffe (Brisbane North), the race start line. I was able to board their yacht, check out under deck and take a few snaps. There is definitely something about being on a beautiful yacht, admiring its craftsmanship and enjoying its gentle creaking as it waited patiently tied to the jetty.

To me boats are symbols of lands awaiting to be discovered, adventures yet to happen and islands to be explored. I even once had a dream of sailing the Mediterranean, stopping in at ports to embrace different cultures of the area, indulge on their cuisines and enjoy all they had to offer. Funny, I have only remembered all of this now. I must bring it up with the kids tonight and see what they think of the idea. Who knows....perhaps when they're older???

Okay enough daydreaming for now (though it's always plenty of fun!). What I would love to say now is a HUGE thank you to Michelle Mitchell for being part of the VBLL April Give Away. I really appreciate it and after using random number picker would like to congratulate Tammi from Little Poppa as our winner. After re-reading your comment Tammi, I really feel you will benefit from reading "What Teenage Girls Don't Tell Their Parents".

Have a wonderful glorious day all. The sun is shining here today (yesterday was overcast and only suitable for snuggling up with a good book).

Lou xo

PS Did anyone notice they had Bananas stored away above? In QLD we are buying banana's for almost $13/kilo. I am beginning to miss them.

12 comments:

  1. ooh i like the boats at the yacht club! we are learning to live without bananas : (
    cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did notice the bananas tucked away there...I can't believe what they are selling for atm...a friend brought two small ones the other day for $6!

    I am also so very appreciative of winning your giveaway, that book couldn't come at a better time as we are withdrawing our daughter from school to homeschool her in the hopes that we can reconnect with her.

    Thank you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to dream, that sounds like a perfect holiday.

    Bananas,
    it's funny how I only feel like one when they are too expensive. My daughter and daughter in law still buy them for the childrens lunches as they say at $1.50 each it's still cheaper and healthier than a chocolate bar. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with you Jeaneatte on bananas still being a fantastic lunch box option. And ladies I only buy them as "treats" now though I used to put them in smoothies every morning and one of the staples of my kids and certainly my partner. Oh well....considering growing a banana tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful yacht. I must say I haven't looked at the prices of bananas lately but did hear locally they were about $13 at woolies but about half that at an independent store. How can they justify that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice escapist blog post. Gorgeous yacht. Looks like the perfect sunny day for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, those yachts are gorgeous. Such therapy when you set sail on the high seas! Speaking of high, I can't believe how much those bananas are going for at the moment, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these photos make me want to go sailing! It would be fun to spend a summer sailing around someplace...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dont you ever forget that dream.....one day you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful yacht! I was watching a documentary on Tuesday night on ABC1 about a husband and wife who set sail in their yacht from England, through the Caribbean and Pacific and finally landed in Sydney, all with their 2 and 4 year old boys on board. Was interesting to watch but I thought it was a shame their children weren't older to appreciate such an adventure. Bananas here in WA are around the $13 mark too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great opportunity and cool pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lou Lou, Catching up on your beautiful posts.
    Love the photos, a nice day at the beach is what we all need. I still buy bananas for hubby. Only one or two at a time now! We appreciate them more now. I have a lot in my freezer when we have had the odd one left over from Summer. Now busy making Banana Bread, Yum! Have a great weekend, xo Sue

    ReplyDelete