Sunday, June 12, 2011

"What are four walls, anyway?"...

Photobucket

"What are four walls, anyway? They are what they contain. The house protects the dreamer. Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game. It's such a surprise." (Under the Tuscan Sun)

Our little household is recovering from some horrid flu/cold thing and to add some sunshine (not to mention it has been freezing here & we have decided to forgo our heating this year ~ but that's another blog), I put on & watched an ol' faithful, "Under the Tuscan Sun". The above quote really appealed to me that day. I think we can surround ourselves with beautiful things but what is anything without joy, happiness and laughter. And I do think our homes become our fortress where we feel protected from the world, our safe place. But I think most strongly the quote means to me to never give up on your hope and always have faith. Remember life is what you make it and "never lose your childish innocence. It's the most important thing." (as explained by the character "Katherine" from the film). Sometimes I think we need these gentle reminders, no matter where they come from :)

If you would love to see some more beautiful sunflowers you must visit Leeann's gorgeous blog for some fresh picked ones. Now back to dosing up on vitamin c and olive leaf extract for me. Enjoy your long weekend everyone xo

3 comments:

  1. I hope you and your family will feel better soon. It's freezing here too.
    Sunny yellow, as in the gorgeous sunflowers is so warming. We have a lot of yellow in our home because it's an old home and can be quite cold. Lovely words too, yes it does do us good to be reminded of all those things. xx J

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing I hope ypu are all feeling chipper again very soon. I just love that movie - it's just perfect. The book was really enjoyable too ( a bit different though).
    I'm intrigued about your heating comment. Please tell? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to smile when I read this entry as my French boy friend has been sick with flu and is slowly recovering. The problem is that it has been unseasonably warm here and when temperatures returned to normal many were taken by surprise and as a result now have bad colds or flu.

    Hope that you are all feeling better soon,

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete