Monday, July 25, 2011

{Jamie's Tiramisu}

Photobucket

Photobucket

For our Christmas in July we went for an Italian theme which saw me whipping up Jamie's Tiramisu from his Cook Book, "Jamie's Italy". Lashings of Vanilla bean infused mascapone on top of layered sponge splashed with coffee and vin santo and then finally finished with shavings of dark chocolate and orange zest appealed to my palate. The flavour of the end result did not let me down. I do think next time I'll reduce the amount of liquid used but it certainly will become a firm favourite and is so simple to make. I decided it would look fantastic in preserving jars and so my above photograph is part of what our guests received for dessert that night. Buon Appetito!

6 comments:

  1. Yum, tiramisu!! And I totally love how you have served it :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourites when I want to indulge. I have a couple of Jamies books, he's great isn't he? I haven't got the Italian one though, must send a few hints to the kids, that's where I got the last ones. enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I made a variation on tiramisu this morning using Baileys instead of coffe and then crushed hazelnuts and cream with nutella mixed in. Haven't tasted it yet but am looking forward to it!
    Ps love the look of the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I have this book - I'll have to get it back out from the bookshelf. The jars are a fantastic serving idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's the like button on Blog? Hehe Jeanette completely agree on dropping those hints. And your version Sarah sounds delicious. Is there a spare seat at the table this evening?? And Jaz love serving desserts in preserving jars :)

    ReplyDelete