Sunday, July 17, 2011

{Monthly Painter's Challenge ~ Ritual}

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our June Monthly Painter's Challenge concept was Ritual and it was fantastic to see how the group approached the topic. Ritual can be so many things to so many people. We can think of rituals of the ancient Mayans or even religious rituals that have been passed down to us today begun thousands of years ago. I chose something a little more simple that I still wake up to every day and have been since my high school days. In my teenage years I tried every natural beauty treatment under the sun from cucumber slices on the eyes, avocado face masks to a squeeze of lemon in warm water every morning. And to this day, though most other beauty treatments have fallen along the wayside, the lemon in warm water remains and has become my morning ritual.

The first image is the one I submitted but I thought I would include on my blog the below softer image too. Enjoy x

2 comments:

  1. Hi there
    LOVELY Blog you got :)
    and do not miss

    T
    H
    E

    P
    A
    R
    T
    Y

    WELCOME to my Place :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that lemon is a wonderful detoxer,it has to be better than what I'm trying at the moment liquid chlorophyll,yuk!!Lovely pics

    ReplyDelete