Sunday, October 16, 2011

Monthly Painters Challenge ~ 3 Rolled into One

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Being particularly busy over the past couple of months I've had to forgo the last two Monthly Painters Challenge and so when September's challenge rolled around (which was revealed to the world last Friday) it had me stumped.

The concept was "dislike" which honestly I struggled with especially at this point in my life where I prefer to focus on the positive. But in all honesty things are what you choose to make of them. I decided that what I did "Dislike" was the fact I was unable to complete the last two concepts, "Happiness" and "Safe" and that in this one piece I would resolve all three.

So here we have a diorama piece which I very much enjoyed creating. It is a Secret Garden of sorts where anything is possible and magic happens. Being mixed media I incorporated collage, found objects, pieces from nature and I feel it came together quite well. I definitely would enjoy creating other pieces like this in the future...so I guess watch this space :)

As for the other artists, if you haven't visited the Monthly Painters Challenge page where we do the "big" reveal I suggest you drop on by for a visit as everyone has worked really hard and they're all great pieces.

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment