Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How does your Garden Grow? ~ Day 3

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today watering the garden I noticed our mangoes beginning to ripen, the capsicums which seem to have grown much larger over night, and the heaviness of the branches on my lemon tree weighted down by all the fruit. There is something so completely satisfying in watching your "garden grow".

Our pumpkin vine however is flowering without any bee loving so perhaps I will have to adopt the method of my old neighbour Emanuel who each day patiently dusts his flowers with a thin paintbrush.


I would love to know any of your pollination tips xx

4 comments:

  1. Louisa, your vegie garden is FABULOUS!! I am so in awe of anyone that manages to grow capsicum ... I have never managed to do it! Sorry, I have no idea about pumpkin pollinating, but hope you find an answer. Happy New Year ~ XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing more satisfying than seeing the garden grow,especially the veggies. I posted garden pics this week too. It must be because it's so relaxing after the festivities. Not sure I know any pollinating tips,sorry. xx jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I find it very satisfying seeing the garden grow and also eating the produce. I just use a finger tip to pollinate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a feat - growing your own - well done :) le xox

    ReplyDelete