Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Drive-Ins ~ Day 93

Photobucket

"Saturday night at the movies, who cares what picture you see...". As a kid the drive-ins was an almost weekly treat for us. I loved it then and I love it now. It almost became a thing of the past with most drive-in theatres closing down from early 2000s onwards. The local drive-ins here has been revived by the church which owns it and shows family movies every Saturday night for FREE making it a perfect night out and great holiday fun.

For me the drive-ins is all about the popcorn and dagwood dogs and their inviting smell that wafts through the cafeteria, to the pillows in the car as everyone juggles to get comfy, to not only watching the film on the big screen but the stars and constellations as they move across the sky. Yes, for me the Drive-Ins is nostalgia plus and I love the fact my kids are just as excited about it as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment