Saturday, May 12, 2012

Our Trip to Adelaide ~ Day 135

We just returned from Adelaide this Monday after a whirlwind visit down there from relatively still warm Queensland to the much cooler but beautiful southern state. It was a visit to see family and attend a wedding and here are some of our snapshots....

Photobucket
Roses at Port Noarlunga

Photobucket
Roses are simply everywhere in Adelaide...

Photobucket
Like we might see hibiscus or frangipanis (for want of a better example) in Queensland gardens here, roses are just everywhere there. In fact there would have to be more roses there than hibiscus and frangipanis combined I'd think.

Photobucket

We dropped in to catch up with Phill's parents. I am in love with their family home and is filled with many treasures. Here is just a few images of what I love there...

Photobucket

One pink vintage chandelier...

Photobucket

and a beautiful foyer area.

Photobucket

A picture cluster wall of sorts showcasing Phill's parent's heritage, treasures, friends and memories.

Photobucket

And the yellow and white room with the black and white checker floor.

Photobucket

Outside plenty of space for the kids to explore.

Photobucket

As always, David finding a tree to climb :)

Photobucket

A dove cote inspiring us to design our own (we have also been looking at vintage carpentry books on how to build dove cotes)

Photobucket

I am wishing our lavender was growing as well as this!! It is very temperamental in Queensland because of our humidity.

Photobucket

Miss Lily playing dress ups with my shawl.

Photobucket

And then the Manor House at Carrick Hill (visit here to see it's website) for the wedding.

Photobucket

The rose gardens on its ground were just spectacular. Unfortunately my photographs really do not do it any justice.

Photobucket

The lighting was just incredible the afternoon of the wedding. And this is the Rolls that the beautiful bride arrived in.

Photobucket

And another of the image of the gardens and its lighting.

Photobucket

We are thinking that the hedging at Carrick Hill in certain places could be five metres in height. Now of course I want similar hedging at home creating our own secret hideaway...I may be waiting a few years for it to grow!!

Photobucket

The garden at the front of the manor house. We saw a rainbow peeking out from the side of the tall conifers. The next day when I took mum and the kids back to Carrick Hill we noticed a couple of Pomegranate Trees. Inside they had also used miniature pomegranate fruit in a flower arrangement which of course I loved!!

Photobucket

Do you know what this tree is? I thought it was beautifully positioned outside this window and of course had to take a snap.

Photobucket

The day following the wedding Phill had to fly to Alice Springs for work and saw us exploring more including Glen Elg (right beside the ocean). This florist made my heart sing...

Photobucket

And some more potted flowers boxed with ribbons out the front.

Photobucket

And as previously mentioned back to Carrick Hill which the kids loved exploring its vast gardens.

Photobucket

I am not sure why this Momotaro statue is on The Manor's grounds but if you do please let me know. You can find out more about the Japanese myth here.

We also visited this amazing collectable's shop in Adelaide. It had absolutely everything and I really believe it is one of those places you could explore all day finding treasures. We were lucky to arrive about an hour before closing time so I only scratched its surface. I love Adelaide and on this trip I feel I explored more of it than I had on previous trips. Think though there is much still left to discover because just like that Collectable's shop, I've only just scratched the surface.

Now to catch up on what you've all been up to xo

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are an absolute treat, Phil's parents house looks amazing and I think the shrub in the pot is a Camelia.
    Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roses are stunning and so is that beautiful house. I bet the chandelier looks beautiful all lit up.
    I concur, that plant is a camelia :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos... I wanted to see a photo of the wedding (I'm just nosey!! Definitely a Camelia plant - your Mum should know that being a 'Kiwi'.. :) C. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well explained. I liked the post and understood very well. I wonder if you would explain how to use It Technical Support
    with Firewall Solutions in an upcoming post.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete