Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beauty Begone No More!!

Photobucket

When it comes to living busy lives, sometimes we forget the small things that can make a big difference. Beauty regimes can certainly be one of those things that fall along the wayside and I'm putting my hand up for that sister. When I was younger, I had all the time in the world to behave like Cleopatra (my brother captured a great pic of me - to my horror at the time - reclined on the dining room table with a face mask and herbal tea bags on my eyes...as for the table, I'm not certain why I thought that was a great idea??). My regime now is very simple, organic based soap and either olive/macadamia/coconut oil as my moisturiser and you're done. I'm quite okay with this as a base but it's everything else that I don't do that I miss. Ladies, we deserve to take the bathroom over (an hour per week is more than reasonable I say) and truly indulge ourselves. Your skin will love you for it and overall, you'll feel amazing.

Photobucket

I've recently returned to an old favourite which makes for a perfect wake me up, simple and inexpensive but incredibly beneficial: Dry Skin Brushing. Dry Skin Brushing which is said to be an Ayurvedic practice that originated 5000 years ago is great for smoothing skin tone (who said cellulite?) and assist in removing toxins from your body. Not only this, but with getting all that blood flowing underneath the skin, it'll leave you feeling rejuvenated and is a perfect morning wake-me-up. You will need a good strong bristled brush (I use the Bernard Jensen) or a softer bristle for more sensitive skin types and five minutes a day, several days a week. If you'd like to find out more about Dry Skin Brushing, visit this great website on the "how to" tips.

What would you like to include in your beauty regime again, be it daily or even weekly?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, good question. I probably need to pay better attention to my nails, actually take the time to shape and paint them properly rather than just hacking them off when they get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing you sister, there is something about beautifully manicured nails with a slick coat of polish!!

    ReplyDelete