Thursday, September 20, 2012

Barton's Rose Farm


Earlier this week I mentioned our visit to The Barton Rose Farm in Kalbar.  This is one of my favourite places to visit in the Scenic Rim and about 40minutes from our doorstep.  

Photobucket

I love the seclusion of this place as it's off the main thoroughfare and without the signage, you would hardly know it was there.  It does however attract serious gardeners from around South East Queensland.

Photobucket

The varieties available are vast and you walk down each row, stopping to bend over the different blooms and enjoy their fragrance.

Photobucket

As for kids, walking is not fast enough and the excitement to tell mum that they've found a rose that shares their name bursts out.  Speaking of names, there is a Dolly Parton rose and it is the most excessive over the top red bloom with the most incredible scent  Of course I now wish I had bought it back with me.

Photobucket

I spy some beautiful sprawling lawn for a picnic though you can always enjoy devonshire tea at Bartons. 

Photobucket

These tags are only a small selection of the roses available but I enjoy their colour pinned alongside each other.

Photobucket

Surrounding the farm are beautiful trees always adding to that sense of seclusion.  I love hideaways.

Photobucket

This was one of the roses that came back with us.  Phill remembers it as his grandmother's favourite and has a soft, sweet perfume.

Photobucket

Once we repacked the car with our newly purchased blooms, we stopped by Aratula for some locally made Jam.

Photobucket

I love the honesty box system that you find in the country and the little displays carefully arranged .  

Mmm I think it's time to head back xo  





10 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so lovely! Rose farms are delightful to visit!
    The little jam stand looks so sweet and so very country and old fashioned. I am another lover of the honesty box system.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Sarah :) I love the country and escape there at least once a fortnight. Tomorrow I'm heading to Toowoomba for their food, wine and flower festival so I'm sure we'll definitely see plenty more gorgeousness to enjoy xo

      Delete
    2. That sounds like lots of fun! Please take camera and take pics if you can :-D

      Delete
    3. I did go snap happy but here were my pick from the day. You can check them out here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-by-LouLou/184027407538 xo

      Delete
  2. I love the roses that have those streaks on their petals..and a good perfume if possible. Roses grow really well in Canberra but since moving up here to Queensland I haven't put any in the garden yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that you mention those style of roses as I've noticed a few around lately and they are just beautiful :) Up here the thing to naturally be mindful of is the humidity but I have seen some really lovely bushes around.

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely place and the rose you bought looks divine. Love that jam stall, a beautiful and simple piece of the gorgeous country. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place...I am thinking of organising a group to go visit this part of the country and share it with others :)

      Delete
  4. It seems like you had a lovely day... The rose farm looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are coming up tomorrow to enjoy some Toowoomba garden loving, so another wonderful day to look forward too :)

      Delete