Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Making The Spring Clean EASY!!

Photobucket

The BIG spring clean continues at our house. We surround ourselves with keepsakes, the kid's artworks, family photos, much loved vintage pieces, books, collected shells and things that mean something to us. But then there is just "stuff" that begins to take over. I think most of you know the kinda "stuff" I'm speaking of that builds up over time. So in my feisty spring clean mode, we are donating this "stuff" to our local charity shop who are always on the lookout for more items.

If your home is being taken over by this "stuff" but the task seems daunting, it needn't be. You don't need to tackle it all in one go, and in fact don't! Each day grab a carton and dedicate 10minutes to cleaning out a cupboard, shelf, corner of the house and this way it becomes an achievable goal. As I fill a box I deliver it to the charity shop on our way to work etc and it soon becomes someone else's treasure.

10 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of a declutter at my house too. Can't believe how much stuff accumulates that we just don't need. Good luck, it is a great feeling when you finish a room and things look neat and tidy for a minute! xToni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tidy for a minute I understand :) But we have more important things in this world to conquer than just a clean lounge room. Besides I like the homely, lived in look xo

      Delete
  2. Girl of my own heart,great feeling when you do this. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm yes, I recall reading a great book on this kinda thing. You may have heard about it - How to Organise your Home in 7 Easy Steps xo

      Delete
  3. Spring cleaning is happening here- but very slowly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow is fine, just set achievable goals, you'll see the change and feel great about it!!

      Delete
  4. Great tip... 10 minutes is so achievable!
    Spring cleaning and moving things on feels great! Wishing I could go and buy those blue plates! Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's certainly something about Spring that sees us want to get our nesting on and freshen everything up x

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that you came and visited my blog because it has led me to yours -- your blog is gorgeous, it really does look very pretty and interesting, I am now following along!
    Thanks again for visiting my little spot, I'm glad you like the pics :D
    Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I walked into my apartment the other day and felt it was time! Some things have to go x

    ReplyDelete