Sunday, September 2, 2012

One Yard Sale & A Colourful Weekend

Photobucket

Hello All. How was your weekend? Wasn't it just stunning Spring days in South East Queensland, the clear blue sky echoing our celebration for this new season. We had plenty of Yard Sale fun and the sweet treats were a right ol' smash. Thanks to all who visited and left with some new treasures.

Photobucket

I took a snapshot of these bottles because as it would happen, decided that I still did quite like them and perhaps they would look good inside somewhere. I also rescued a string bag and I'm thinking they could work together somehow. So we shall have to wait and see what I come up with there.

I finished this beautiful day off with a visit to Black & Spiro's Spring Flea. No photos, but I'm hoping for some to pop up on Anna's blog. Words cannot describe how much I adore Anna's shop and her use of colour! I am also feeling inspired to paint at the moment and Anna's use of colour, pattern and texture is perfect for something a little more abstract that I'm playing around with in my mind. Oh Spring look at what you're doing to me, and it's lovely xo

Photobucket

I wanted to share with you this very colourful photo of my very own little street urchin shopping with me at The Sunset Markets in The Top of Town, Ipswich. We (as in she) walked around with a basket on our head shopping at all the stalls and dancing with the Middle Eastern performers (we're now signed up to mother/daughter lessons).

How was your weekend all? Was it pottering in the garden, a special lunch with dad, leisurely shopping with friends?? Looking forward to learning all about yours xo

13 comments:

  1. a quiet one here with the father of the house away.
    i love your photos!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a belated Father's Day lunch this weekend? And thank you on the photos xo

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a lovely weekend Lou,and yes it's just lovely to feel
    Spring in the air. Thank you for your sweet comment. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this definitely is one of the best times of year xo

      Delete
  3. I hope the yard sale was a success for you love! So sorry I didn't get to pop down, just had a busy weekend with my family up here in Toowoomba!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time :) In fact, I am heading up to Toowoomba in September soon for the Flower Festival so maybe I'll see you up there!! Hope you had a wonderful time with your family xo

      Delete
  4. It was a lovely weekend! I spent a good portion of it getting lost in the Paddington Antique Centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have visited the Woolloongabba Antique Centre a number of times but haven't visited the Paddington Centre before. Perhaps I need a tour??

      Delete
  5. I think you had a much lovelier weekend than I. Apart from a visit to Mum and Dads on Sunday all I did was garden! Not fun gardening either, just weeding. I'd have loved to have gone to the flea market at Anna's.One day I hope to visit her store :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, it's a real treat and definitely worth the visit if you're ever up this way. My garden needs some attention too at the moment...xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your kept those bottles. Far too lovely to get rid of:) I love the photo of your gal with the gorgeous balancing basket. So Moroccan!We had a lovely Father's Day with family and lots of food at our place. Was a perfect day, though a little on the too hot side for a winter loving person like me;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very Moroccan, I agree :) And the food certainly did look super delish Kim xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a wonderful way to spend the weekend! I learned a new pasta recipe this weekend and well, played a little poker. Those colorful bottles will sure fit somewhere so it is wise to keep them. Your daughter is a sweetheart! :)

    ReplyDelete