Monday, October 8, 2012

Just Like A Heat Wave...

I'm not sure if we've been given a glimpse of Summer already but we've had some very hot, dry days.  I mean, the grass is not meant to be crunchy!!  The rain dancing outfit is making its way to the front of my wardrobe as I seriously consider taking it up.

This Sunday saw me take some of my family out to visit the country to look at real estate (only just for fun...or maybe not?) and visit The Rose Gardens I posted recently about.  The heat was zapping.  The roses were wilting in the unforgiving sun.  And the land was in desperate need of water all around.  We ended the day back in Ipswich at The Community Garden in Leichardt where it was lush, and a gentle cool breeze picked up not to mention the recently watered soil was so deliciously refreshing to dig your hands in to.  It was such a relief and helped to ease the earlier heat of the day.

So in pictures here was our Sunday...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This week we've had some very hot weather and then last night it got all cool again on us...so unpredictable at the moment. I think rain is forcast for Friday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lou,yes, not looking forward to the heat either. I am so glad you found the coolness on your door step after all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heat is horrible, isn't it? And so dry at the moment too! Oh how I wish it would RAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful images! It hasn't been very warm here yet so please feel free to send some heat our way. Though the other morning it was 21 degrees at 9am which is almost unheard of. It only got to 23 during the day though - quite odd.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi lou...just found you today...going to make a cuppa and have a look around!!
    Allison :)

    ReplyDelete